It’s been such a long time since I’ve posted anything on this blog, but I’m trying to get better. Yesterday I went to a seminar with my coworkers. I learned a lot more about myself in just a few hours than I ever expected. We did a personality test which opened my eyes and helped me put a “why” to a lot of things I was always a little self-conscious about.
I’m a Warrior Romantic:
-Warrior (most prominent trait)
- dominant and intense
- I value results
- I want the bottom line; no need for unnecessary details
- I’m impatient and decisive
- I’m logical and direct
- I aggressively strive to get my needs met
- I don’t take a lot of crap
- I’m often mistaken to be angry when I’m not
-Romantic (secondary trait)
- value relationships
- personable and loyal
- I keep promises and have a genuine smile
- I need appreciation and an outlet to vent
- I seek improving quality, not increasing quantity
- I don’t chase. If I make an offer and you decline or ‘need time to think about it’. The ball is in your court and I will not make a move until you’ve made your own.
- I’m either on or off. Therefore, I need sufficient time to myself to decompress and recharge.
- My time is very valuable to me, I give you what I’ve promised and me wanting to spend ‘quality time’ with you is a HUGE indication of how much you mean to me.
- Honesty comes first. I will never intentionally try to hurt feelings, but I will not exchange that for my own personal honesty.
- I’m all in or I’m all out, and I seek the same for others. There is not lukewarm or walk the line with me.
So what did I learn this weekend, I’m a tough cookie. I know I have value, but not to everyone. I understand why I seem to end up in jobs that are heavily focused on the customer. It’s because I really do love people and helping them, but the problem is that it’s mixed with a lot of tough love. If I don’t have the freedom to love you and express myself sincerely, then I’m miserable. Hmm… A lot to think about.